This is the home page of the port of pMARS using the Simple Directmedia Library.
Currently the port is in beta testing stage testing and bug reports/feature requests are more than welcome. The latest release is version 0.9.2-5.
Downloads (remember to virus scan them, just in case):
- The source.
- Win32 executable and required DLL (put it in the same directory as the executable, or somewhere in your PATH.)
- Win32 server version executable (no graphics). Doesn't require the DLL above.
- The macro file pmars.mac. Put this file into the current working directory before running pmarsw.exe. Alternately, put it somewhere else and make the environment variable PMARSHOME point to its location.
- Fixed core cell display bug.
- Even more AltGr madness on Windows. How can one key cause so much trouble, eh?
- Environment sensitive. Now looks for macro files in the directory specified by the environment variable PMARSHOME if they are not found in the current directory.
- Both Win32 and X11 supported.
- Command line history using Shift-Up and Shift-Down keys.
- Rewrote text display and screen update routines for faster text panels (for slow computers like mine.)
- BIG core cells for those tiny cores. (Choose a display mode larger than 2, e.g. -v 134.)
- Compilation instructions. (Makefile for unix-likes; MINGW, and probably MSYS, and Makefile.mingw for Win32)
- Fullscreen mode for windows (already works in X11 using AltGr-Return).
- Setting the video mode from the command line.
- Default options from the environment.